Data Scientist shall provide the following functions and deliverables:
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- NLP experience with document classification and extraction
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Select features, build and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data collection and mining
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and present results
- Machine Learning
The key difference between our ML Engineers and Data Scientists is that the former has more experience putting models into production and experience/familiarity with things like AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, CI/CD pipelines, using Git for version control, while the latter
(Data Scientists) have more focus on model tuning, hyperparameter search, Python notebooks,etc.
Again, both types need to know all the above, but the relative focus and experience is the differentiator.