ML Engineers shall provide the following functions and deliverables:
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- ML Ops experience.
- Experience with doc classification and extraction
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Work with data sets and build models for document classification and OCR.
- Present insight into the working of relevant algorithms and models.
The key difference between our ML Engineers and Data Scientists is that the former has more experience putting models into production and experience/familiarity with things like AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, CI/CD pipelines, using Git for version control, while the latter
(Data Scientists) have more focus on model tuning, hyperparameter search, Python notebooks,etc.
Again, both types need to know all the above, but the relative focus and experience is the differentiator.