Miami, Florida - United States
4 months ago
The Research & Analytics Lead functions as an integral part of the Product Development department, and more specifically the Strategy & Analytics team. The role will use analysis to guide strategy by understanding gaps, performance and insights to create a portfolio of concepts to be developed as well as recommendations on how to optimize existing guest experiences. Scope development is essential and must be defined in collaboration with Consumer Insights, Concept Development, Revenue Strategy, Hotel Operations, Newbuild, Finance and Private Destinations. This role will significantly influence decision making related to resource allocation, product strategy, ship design, and customer experience. Along with product strategic responsibilities, this role is responsible for ad-hoc analysis and reporting of strategic initiatives, and business case modeling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hypothesize consumer desires and collaborate with the Insights team to test hypotheses.
- Understand KPIs and metrics to measure the performance of product and find opportunities for future testing and product optimization
- Research consumer trends in travel, retail, food & beverage, etc. to benchmark current product offering within category as well as cross-category competitors.
- Conduct competitive analyses on category and cross-category competitors and report insights to cross functional leadership and executives.
- Apply findings from research, trend forecasting, performance and feedback to develop the scope of work for future ships, modernization of current ships, and development of private destinations.
- Translate analytics into the stakeholder’s native language and tell stories to make complex things simple to understand and translate into measurable actions.
- Develop capacity models to make recommendations for product capacity for fleet and land.
- Collaborate with external vendors and consultants to provide relevant analysis and data.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses (e.g. guest traffic flow, new stateroom class profitability) to guide decision-making on design of future products.
- Perform other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Four-year Bachelor's or equivalent required; MBA and/or MS preferred; three to five years related business analysis experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel. Strong PC skills are required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
Advanced Tableau, MS PowerBI, and Oracle SQL required.
Advanced Alteryx, Access, Essbase and BRIO preferred.
Strong knowledge of the cruise industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles to lead management on strategic initiatives and guide analysis.
- Analytical: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and opportunities of alternative solutions and conclusions. Ability to mine data when needed from various systems.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop options and implement solutions.
- Presentation: Using computer skills and communication style to create, manipulate, edit and communicate slide presentations. Understanding end-state and the best way to present a story in a logical and analytical fashion to achieve desired results.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are communicating and taking time to understand points being made.
- Negotiating and Persuasion: Bringing others together to try to reconcile differences and persuading others to your point of view.
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10-15 pounds.