Chicago, Illinois 60613 - United States
Digital Marketing Technology
4 weeks ago
We are looking for a Backend AEM Developer who can create custom web development. This position will be responsible for taking projects through the entire life cycle. You will tackle problems and resolve complex issues, while working in a distributed environment. A successful team member will be proactive and be collaborative!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and understand the entire software development process from design to development to deployment to maintenance.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- Actively participate in client meetings, possess top-notch written and oral communication skills, and be able to tailor messages that fit your audience.
- Have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches .
- Possess cutting-edge grasp of SEO-friendly and sound analytics practices.
- Drive test-driven development and Agile development practices.
- Require minimal supervision, provide oversight for assigned projects, and get things done without being micromanaged.
- Periodically travel to client locations.
- Use best practice version control methodologies and tools such as Git or SVN.
- Work fast with an attention to detail within a fast-paced work environment with hard deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience
- 5+ years of professional hands-on AEM Software Development experience and experience building sites using AEM 6.1+.
- 5+ years of deep experience in Java development in a professional environment, and proficiency with Sling.
- Solid understanding of systems design, caching, and persistence.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and consultancy skills.
- Familiarity with modern programming architecture.
- Basic knowledge of containerization (i.e., Docker)
- Worked with Agile development, preferably SCRUM, and Unit Testing / TDD.
- Experience using Jira and OpenAir/NetSuite a plus.